The mission of Marshall School is to educate students to become global citizens who demonstrate strong academic habits, respect, compassion, integrity, self-discipline, and intellectual curiosity.
Founded in 1904 as Duluth Cathedral High School, Marshall has been a unique alternative to the Twin Ports public school options for more than a century.
- Student:Faculty ratio of 11:1
- Average class size: 12
- Accreditation through Independent School Association of the Central States (ISACS)
- Membership in the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS), Minnesota Association of Independent Schools (MAIS), and the Virtual High School (VHS).
- More than 75% of seniors take at least one AP exam receive college credit while at Marshall.
- Total students: 360
- Upper School (9-12): 209
- Middle School (4-8): 151
- Students come from 61 different schools, 5 different states, and 10 different countries
- 25.6% self-identified students of color and underrepresented populations
- 27.2% from families with an income of $75,000 or less
- 13.7% from families with an income of $50,000 or less
- 56% of families receive tuition assistance
- Average Guided Tuition amount: $12,970
Post-high school data
- 96% attend four-year college or university
- 4% attend two-year college
- The Class of 2020 earned over $10 million in college scholarships