Diversity, Equity, Inclusion
In 2016, a professional learning community (PLC) met weekly to review our diversity policies and chart the course for future conversations regarding equity and inclusion. The PLC asked that we commit to more professional development and convene a standing Equity & Inclusion Leadership Committee.
Marshall continues to work hard to create a safe place for all students to belong. Since the recommendation of the PLC Marshall has:
- Developed a more uniform understanding of what it means to have a safe, equitable, and just community;
- Written and adopted a Statement of Community;
- Hosted several student forums including panel discussions with students of color and students and alumni from the LGBTQ+ community;
- Formed an Equity and Inclusion Leadership Committee;
- Renewed our commitment to use a portion of each professional development day to expand faculty training in the area of Equity and Inclusion.