learning to the Power of T
Learningt is the integration of technology into the classroom, based on a belief in the unique compounding power of technology to enhance our core mission and exponentially boost learning opportunities for our students. In the 21st century, faculty and students are leveraging new tools and teaching methods to help achieve our goals for every graduate to be effective communicators, critical thinkers and problem solvers, engaged and ethical citizens, curious and creative, and balanced and resilient.
From our inception as Cathedral School, we have been infused with the Benedictine value of intellectual curiosity and the ethic of social responsibility and action. As times change, we have remained true to the core of these values while embracing a wider presence in the world. Our aspirations are now captured in our mission statement: "to educate students to become global citizens."
Technology is a multiplier toward these ends, and our teachers use it as a catalyst for positive change.
- 1:1 Technology for all students
- Students in grades 4-7 receive an iPad
- Students in 8-12 bring their own laptops
- Partnership with Virtual High School that provides access to over 140 unique course offerings
- "Marshall Apps" which utilizes Google Apps for Education to provide e-mail and collaboration tools anywhere students have access to the Internet
- Adaptive technology like ALEKS, a web-based artificially intelligent assessment and learning system in middle school grade math