Marshall’s Upper School experience presents a balance between academic challenge, co-curricular opportunity, achievement-oriented student culture, and a rich community of faculty and peers. Students are encouraged to be confident and independent thinkers by teachers whose energy and caring enrich the school. Small class sizes permit active participation, feedback, and engagement in a rigorous curriculum. Teachers and curriculum are flexible, setting challenging but attainable goals for each individual, and the exploration of unique interests and talents is encouraged.
Upper School Program Highlights
- 7-period schedule with access to 21 Advanced Placement courses
- Accelerated math curriculum
- Accelerated science curriculum with field research components
- Upper School writing program
- Rigorous foreign language instruction
- International partnerships and global study abroad options
- Service learning and advisory program
- Over 40 clubs, activities and academic teams
- Twenty-three competitive athletic teams
- Over half of upper school students are enrolled in at least one AP course
- Over 50% of the region's national merit finalists recently attended Marshall
Click here to view Upper School course descriptions.
Click here to view a one-page overview of the Upper School academic program.
Click here to view elective courses available via the Virtual High School Global Consortium.
Click here to view details of Marshall's Senior Capstone Project.
Click here to learn about student culture and opportunities in the Upper School.
Click here for Upper School updates