With an expectation that all Marshall graduates will attend post-secondary education, Marshall’s college counseling program is designed to provide students and their families with an organized and comprehensive process for exploring post-secondary options. The process is highly personalized because the primary goal of our college guidance process is to assist students in finding colleges that best fit their needs and interests.
Marshall’s college counselor meets individually with students during their junior year to identify personal, academic, and co-curricular strengths and interests. They also review past achievements and formulate long-term goals for college and beyond. Active advising regarding standardized testing, visits to college campuses, and the application process follow.
Marshall has a strong reputation among colleges and universities throughout the United States. Representatives from numerous colleges and universities personally visit with our students annually to provide information about their respective schools.
Log on to Naviance here.
Click here to view the most recent College Counseling Profile.
Are you a college representative?
We thank you for your interest in Marshall School. As an independent, college-preparatory day school for all genders, Marshall is committed to helping students find the right match for post-secondary education. The College Counseling Office welcomes over 100 college representatives to campus each fall, and we hope you will consider visiting as well.
- Marshall School operates on a semi-block scheduling system, with slight variations throughout the year. College representatives are welcomed to campus in the fall and spring, Monday through Friday, between 8:00am and 3:05 pm. As schedule variations do occur, please contact us no earlier than September 1 to schedule a visit for the fall. Seniors are allowed to miss class for college presentations, while juniors are encouraged to attend presentations during their free periods.
- To schedule a visit, please phone 218.727.7266, extension 131, or email the College Counseling Office.
- If you are interested in mailing viewbooks, brochures, videos, or other materials, please use the address below.
College Counseling Office
1215 Rice Lake Road
Duluth, MN 55811
Directions to Marshall School
- To reach Marshall School from Interstate 35: Exit at Mesaba Avenue (256A). Take Mesaba Avenue straight through the Central Entrance intersection. Mesaba Avenue becomes Rice Lake Road immediately after this intersection. The entrance to Marshall School is about 1/2 mile from the Central Entrance intersection. Turn left into Marshall School parking lot and park in visitor parking.
- Enter the building on the left side (when facing the building) where the signs direct you to the Main Entrance. Please follow the internal signs to the Main Office to check in and receive a visitor badge. The receptionist will call our office, so we can meet you in the Main Office and direct you to the appropriate visit room.