Marshall’s Middle School lays the foundation for developing and nurturing Marshall's core values: strong academic habits, respect, compassion, integrity, self-discipline and intellectual curiosity. Early on, students are encouraged to be confident and independent thinkers by teachers whose energy and caring enrich the school. Small class sizes permit active participation, feedback, and engagement in a rigorous curriculum. Teachers and curriculum are flexible, setting challenging but attainable goals for each individual learner, and the exploration of unique interests and talents is encouraged.
Middle School Program Highlights
- Unique 8-period schedule allows for full exposure to arts, foreign languages, AND workshops
- Accelerated math curriculum
- Accelerated science curriculum with field research components
- Middle School writing program
- Workshop rotation including robotics, writing, technology, and problem-solving
- Daily physical education
- Foreign language instruction starting as soon as 4th grade, including Spanish, German, and French
- Competitive athletics starting in seventh grade
- After-school enrichment program
Click here to view Middle School course descriptions.
Click here to learn about student culture and opportunities in the Middle School.
Click here for Middle School updates