Marshall School was established in 1904 as Duluth Cathedral High School. The name was changed to Marshall School in 1987, to better reflect the school's identity as an independent school, unaffiliated with any religious organization. Marshall has a long history of enrolling international students from around the world as part of the student body and has recently enrolled students from Asia, South and Latin America, Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Marshall is located on a 40-acre campus overlooking Lake Superior in Duluth, Minnesota, and currently enrolls approximately 420 students in grades 5 through 12.
View a video timeline of Marshall's history here.